Second stage of construction begins this Monday
On Monday, June 15, crews will begin second stage construction at the Shoreline Drive (County Road 15) and Shadywood Road (County Road 19) intersection in Orono.
Crews will work at the southwest corner of the intersection. Safety improvements during this stage will include:
- constructing the concrete bump-out on Shoreline Drive just east of Kelly Avenue
- realigning the right turn lane from eastbound Shoreline Drive to southbound Shadywood Road
Additional work in this area will include:
- removing existing pavement
- replacing underground utility lines
- rebuilding the deteriorating curbs and gutters
- replacing the pavement substructure and repaving
- constructing new sidewalks and curb ramps
Crews anticipate completing this work within three weeks. At that point, they will move to the third stage.Expect changes as you travel through the area
The intersection will remain open during construction.
We will also keep open one lane of traffic in each direction. Sidewalks will remain open on one side of the road. And, we will keep access to local businesses open during construction.
However, people should expect roadway turning restrictions, lane configuration and access changes and sidewalk closures, as we change between stages.Second stage turning restrictions
People driving will see the following turning restrictions at the intersection during the second stage:
For a map of the second construction stage area with traffic configurations and turning restrictions.click here.Posted detours
- no turns (right nor left) from eastbound Shoreline Drive to Shadywood Road
- no left turn from westbound Shoreline Drive to southbound Shadywood Road
From eastbound Shoreline Drive to Shadywood Road:
- turn left onto Sunset Drive (County Road 51) prior to approaching the intersection of Shoreline Drive and Shadywood Road
- turn left or right onto Shadywood Road
From westbound Shoreline Drive to southbound Shadywood Road:
For a map of the detour route for people heading from eastbound Shoreline Drive to Shadywood Road, as well as from westbound Shoreline Drive to southbound Shadywood Road, click here.
- turn right onto North Shore Drive (County Road 51) prior to approaching the intersection of Shoreline Drive and Shadywood Road
- turn left onto Shadywood Road
For more information
To learn more about the project, including the list of all the stage work and locations, visit the project website at www.hennepin.us/15and19
For questions, please contact the project at email@example.com
or call 612-348-8448.