Skip to main content.

Back to Web Site

City of Orono, Minnesota
The Lakeshore City



Streetlights provide us with a certain level of safety in our neighborhoods.  If you notice a street light is out, please follow the procedures listed below.

Metal Poles

Call the Orono Public Works Department during business hours.

Wooden Poles

Contact Xcel Energy between the hours of 7:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday or fill in an online report at:

Park Maintenance

Most of our park maintenance is contracted out, but if you notice something that needs to be taken care of, please contact our Public Works Department.

Street Maintenance



Potholes can be very dangerous and hard on your vehicle.  If you notice a pothole on a road in Orono, please contact us immediately.

If the pothole is on a County Road, please contact Hennepin County.

If the pothole is on a Private Road, it must be fixed by the homeowners association or group in charge of maintaining these roads.  Unfortunately, the City doesn't track this information.

 Street / Traffic Signs

Occasionally we will get a call that a street sign has been damaged or removed.  If you notice a missing sign, please contact us immediately!  A missing sign can be very dangerous if an emergency vehicle could not find the location of your home.

If you notice any other types of traffic or parking signs that have been tampered with that could cause unsafe driving conditions, please contact us immediately!

Street Sweeping

The Orono Public Works Department sweeps the street in the spring and at other times, on an as needed basis, if there has been an accident or storm damage or heavy construction.  If you notice a lot of debris in your area and need the streets swept, please don't hesitate to call our Public Works Department.

Street sweeping has come to be a regarded as an important element in maintain urban area water quality.  Sand flushed into the streams, ponds and lakes carries heavy metals, phosphorus and nitrogen along with it.  Organic matter like grass, leaves and pet waste decreases overall water quality and clarity by providing nutrients for microbial and algae growth.


Traffic Signals

Problems with the traffic signal at the intersection of Cty Rd 15 and Cty Rd 19, call Hennepin County Public Works Department.

Problems with traffic signals along Highway 12 call the Orono Public Works Department.


Contact Us

Public Works Hours

Additional Contact Information

City of Orono, 2750 Kelley Parkway, Orono, MN 55356 - Main (952) 249-4600 - Fax (952) 249-4616